Mixed Reality Headset issues
- The laser doesn't match the laser from the app. Rotate 45 degrees.
- Check 6 degree head tracking.
- Removing controller inputs from winputs so it doesn't use up too much space in the 4 option set.
- With the hold and set shortcuts in the Explorer add a timer so people know it's going to happen.
Bugs that need addressing
- Reported on Steam (found a bug, can't seem to access folders named " " (alt + 0160), pls fix.)
- special characters % and # that prevent the images from loading. Reported by user, message them once it's fixed.
flow of suggestions and ideas for the future that I will pick to go into new builds, there is no priority order.
- Add better controls for outer glow.
- Add load default screen option on startup.
- Add Chapter marker sets as a keyboard option so you can add your own chapter markers.
- Add remote control mapping for the Oculus.
- Add different colours for different file types in explorer.
- Convert program over to C-Sharp.
- Right click on files to open them.
- Webcam support.
- When the image timer switches images and the menu isn't visible the timebar sometimes appears.
- Gaze support.
- When menu is visible remove 3D effect option.
- Sleep/shutdown. A sleep option that shutsdown the computer after a set period of time.
- Chapter forward and back for embedded chapter marks in files.
- Detect the file hash not the filename to record the informaiton.
- More information on the presets such as the stereo settings.
- DK2 IPD distance. Apparently Oculus have removed the ability to change the IPD for DK2, have a look and see if you can add this back in.
- Reload image button or reload an image if the image has updated while looking at it.
- Z360 Over/Under Color+Depth. Good for professional production.
- Auto hide menu when paused for a length of time.
- Thumbnails for saves. At the position of the save. This might help "https://stackoverflow.com/questions/1439719/c-sharp-get-thumbnail-from-file-via-windows-api
- Thumbnails for videos.
- Contact https://forum.unity3d.com/threads/vr-desktop-mirror-asset-x-windows-and-htc-vive.406662/ about possible Windows 7 support for desktop mirroring.
- Gaze support.
- Delete option in the explorer.
- Rating option.
- When menu is visible remove 3D effect?
- UPnP support. Check https://www.plex.tv/ for a good example.
- Add network full path support to explorer.
- Resume or play from beginning for previous films.
- look at optimisation of loading times in explorer.
- add -(minus) to number input somehow.
- BD3D2MK3D guide for people who want to watch there bluray 3D films.
- Support for shortcuts.
- Input from Source of video card.
- Allow the menu to be independent to the VR experience so that someone can control the menu while someone else is in the VR headset.
Things to check and also to research
- It's been reported to me that the Samsung Gear VR video player plays back fisheye differently. Have a look and see why. http://steamcommunity.com/app/451650/discussions/0/144512942755514181/?tscn=1487343835
- Research into moonlight game stream.
- Research into MVC video format and the LAV Codecs.
I've made this page to help me remember things I want to integrate and things I need to. I'm totally open to suggestions by anyone so if you think I something you would like in the player then let me know and if I think I can achieve it I'll add it to the list. If there is anything in the list that you would really want let me know as well as the more people want something the more likely I'll make it a priority.
In Rooms the stretch doesn't change for Stereo videos